2012/10/27

Su Xing House (Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant) - Philly

I went to a chinese vegetarian restaurant near 16th and Samson (next to 'Oyster house')
 
It was my first time visiting 'vegetarian' restaurant, and second time trying 'no-meat' dishes.
I've tried vegetarian burger when I was in high school, and it was surprisingly good; Well, after that, I've never ordered vegetarian dishes, because I had no chance to order them...
When I go out with friends, we always share dishes and I don't think we ordered pure vegetable dishes.
 
I'm at vegetarian restaurant so why not change my white rice to brown rice?!
In my experience, the brown rice fills up faster than the white rice, so my friend and I could not finish all of them and packed the leftovers for next day.
The funny thing is, after the healthy dinner, I ate my friend's and my fortune cookies.. ha..haha..
My friend had to catch up the plan to UK, so we were checking the time occasionally.
I really enjoyed the Chinese vegetarian dishes, and I will defiantly introduce this place to friends!

 
Su Xing House
1508 Sansom St
Philadelphia, PA 19102

 Hot and sour soup
 Assorted vegetables
Mapo Tofu(mild)
Before, I didn't know the exact word to call this, but one of my Japanese friend corrected me few monthes ago. I've always called this as 'mapa dofu' 'mapa tofu' 'mado tofu'.. something like that..

No comments: