2012/10/06

사골우거지국밥 - Sagol-ugeoji Gukbap

One of my Japanese friend had gukbap, and she wanted to know how to make it.
Since I love cooking, I decided to post the steps for my friend.
I love Sagol(사골), because my mom ate this soup when she had me.
I've been eating this soup even before I was born!! :) I know what good Sagol is!!
 
사골우거지국밥
Sagol-ugeoji Gukbap
牛骨と干した白菜のクッパ
**국을 먹기 하루, 이틀전에 만듭니다**
**Please prepare the soup one or two days before**
**1 or 2日前にスープを準備してください**
 
Ingredients: oxtails, garlic, ginger, onion, dry red pepper flakes and fish sauce, 6 large cabbage, chopped green onion 
재료 : 소꼬리, 마늘, 생강, 양파, 고춧가루, 젓갈, 배추, 다진
材料: ニンニク、生姜、玉ねぎ、唐辛子粉、塩辛,白菜の葉、ネギ,オックステール
 
Ready set go!!
 I bought frozen OX tail from H-mart
 Wash the ox tails very well and soak them in the cold water.
Replace the water several times.
Let's make Dadegi (sauce for korean soup)
Garlic, ginger, onion, dry red pepper flakes and fish sauce
마늘, 생강, 양파, 고추가루, 젓갈
ニンニク、生姜、玉ねぎ、唐辛子粉、塩辛
 



 This is dadegi! :) Store it in the refrigerator
 
Let's make the soup!
 VERY IMPORTANT!!! - put the oxtails in the BOILING WATER!
 Cook the oxtails for 30 min.
 Later, clean them in the cold water and clean the remained blood
 Add all of oxtails in a BIG POT and add lots of cold water!!
I filled up the water to the top of my pot (12QT.)
 I cooked the oxtails from 10pm -11am ( I checked the soup every 3hours)
Making Sagol is extremely time-consuming with patient.
 
You can eat the soup as it is with some salt and pepper, but my friend asked me to make
Sagol-ugeoji Gukbap, I will make some toppings~
 6 large cabbage leaves and cut vertically
 The sauce for the cabbage will be Miso (I used Korean bean paste,된장) + 
a spoonful of dadegi (that I made last night)
 Cook the cabbages in a salty water until tender.
When the cabbages are ready, wash it with some cold water~
Squeeze the excess water from the cabbage and add the sauce
 
Time to assemble everything!! ヽ(;▽;)ノ
 I ate with daikon kimchi that I made the other day :)

 I added cabbage, some meat from the oxtails, dadegi and some chopped green onion
 One scoop with meat
One scoop with daikon kimchi~

2 comments:

Hideko said...

Thank you very much for your post! Your recipe is very interesting and helpful!! Especially I love your pictures.:) I just went to Hmart on Sat, and I was wondering what ingredients I need for Gukbap. There were several kinds of kimuchi and fish paste, but I was really not sure which one I should get. Next time, when I go to Hmart, I am going to get the one you mentioned on the recipe. Do you think I can use a slow cooker for the Oxtail?

Go_Sophie_Go said...

I've never used the slow cooker for this dish. But I think it will be a great tip to make it! Try and let me know! Just give you some advise, you might want to cook the oxtail in a big pot first, and change it to the slow cooker. Because you want to skim off the forms and cook the oxtail enough with high heat.