2012/09/15

The Dandelion in Center City

I went to Center city with my friend to have a dinner.
It was my first time visiting that place, so I didn't know what cusine that they have.
I was half curious about the restaurant and half excited to try their dishes.
The decor of the restaurant was unique, and their bar stand was inspiring.
 
Here goes the story~
 The Dandelion : 124 South 18th Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 558-2500
 
 My Cocktail : Bramble $10 - Beefeater gin, mint, lemon, fresh muddled blackberry
 My friend's cocktail : Iron Lady $12 - Bulliet rye, Thatchers spiced apple ginger, Luxardo cherry, and Orange
 They brought some bread. It was alright, but I think their butter plate was very creative!
My entree : Steak & Chips $22
Pan roasted beef tender, watercress salad, triple cooked chips, and steak butter
 
 My friend's entree : Grilled Scottish Salmon Fillet $26
Scallion mustard butter, morel mushrooms, parisian gnocchi, and baby leeks
They have three floors.
I think the first floor was for mainly drinkers, second floor had bar, and (kind of) third floor was good for more than 4 people.
Throw out the building, they had small tables with unique furniture and utensils.
 
Including the tip, Each of us paid $45. It was pricy (over priced...?), but I was happy to try the restaurant and enjoy good food with unique atmosphere.

No comments: