2012/09/04

Amish village & Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire

Today is Labor Day in America, and my friend and I decided to have a trip to Lancaster, PA.
I've been to Amish Town before except my friend, so we decided to stop there and go to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. Here is our story..

Amish families have big family members, and all of members help their own family's衣食.
They only use white, green, blue or brown which represent the nature.
They don't use curtains but use shades or quilts for windows.
All of living machines are remodeled because they are not allow to use electricity.
Most of them were run with gas or air. When I saw their mixer run with air pump from outside of the house, I was thrilled with their renovation!

This is their washing machine.

Statue? live?... They were real!!
My friend satisfied his friend.. :)
There highest education is until 8th grade, so their teaches also have their education until 8th grade.

 
Let's go to Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire!! 




The brothers made funny sexual jokes!! 


Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire had great entertainments and street foods. My friend had BBQ with potato wedges and I had a humongous Turkey leg. I couldn't finish it, so my friend helped me to finish it. I was curious if I could finish it, because I didn't with any condiments. Somehow, the taste was well aged with good firewood so we could eat the leg enjoying every single bites.

After finishing our meat, I was craving for some vegetables and got this huge pickle.
They have several events and plays throughout the day, and every single one was funny!
Queen England passing by...
Making very pretty glasses
This is what I got from the trip!
It was a long drive for me, but I had a great time at the faire and I thank my friend for kept me awake while I was driving. It was a rainny day, so I took a long bath to prevent worsen my cold.
Time to go to sleep~ Good night~

No comments: