2012/09/07

Alma De Cuba - Latin. Cuisine Restaurant in Philly

Alma De Cuba
1623 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA
215-988-1799
 
I went to Alma De Cuba to meet my Japanese tutor and also to teach Korean. I had a great time and ate some awesome Latin food! Normally, I am uncomfortable with people whom I met first time. He seems like one of my uncle, so I had no problem talking back and forth. He taught me many ideas about job hunting and what the companies are looking for. I only spoke my native language but gained so many things out of him.
Thank you so much for your time and great dinner!
Alma Sampler (from the bottom)
Tastking of : Smoked Marlin Tacos, Royal Palm Dates, Empanada De Verde
 
Ceviche Three Tasting (from left)
- Yellowtail Kingfish : razor clam & Octopus salpicon, chive & puffed quinoa
- Thai Mixto : crab, shrimp, octopus & fluke with coconut-leche de tigre & mango
- Tuna & Watermelon (Orange, Yuzu & lime marinated tuna with compressed watermelon)
The popcorn was for refreshment(?) between each dishes.
 

Salad
- Summer Tomato Escabeche : red quinoa, boquerones & aged sherry vinegar
- Crunchy Cuban Vegetable Salad: With hearts of palms, chayote, calabaza, cucumber, carrot, pickled red onions, malanga, mint, cilantro and red pepper vinaigrette
 
** The Crunchy Cuban Vegetable Salad was GREAT!! I really want to learn how they make it!!


No comments: