2012/08/31

First made 3 diff. kind Kimchi :)

Before I start this long journey, I had to make my stomach happy!
I made French toast and had it with pancake syrup.

I decided to make oi sobagi (cucumber kimchi), Daikon kimchi and MulGimChi (Water Kimchi)
 I bought 10 Kirby cucumbers and cut the each ends and soaked them in a salted hot water.
To save time, I already cross cuts the cucumbers. Later I will fill the fillings between the cross.
 While my cucumbers are soaked in the salt water, I cleaned my daikon and cut them into bite sizes and also marinated with salt to release their own moist.
 Now, while both of them are soaked, I prepared the Kimchi sauce.
Oi-sobagi : Hot pepper flacks, grounded ginger and garlic, chives, oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, some water and some sugar.
 Daikon Kimchi : Everything same without salt and chives
I marinated my daikon with the sauce and also added glue (풀) made out of sweet flour and hot water.
Glue in!!
 
Because I my Kimchi was spicy, I added some 물엿, corn syrup.
 
Let's make Water Kimchi 
Prepared my daikon and ponytail daikon and soaked them with salt.
In a mean time, I cut my peppers.
 
I made kimchi glue with sweet flour, hot pepper flakes, sugar, garlic and ginger.
After drain out the water from the vegetables and marinated with the glue.
Bottom floor : Daikon Kimchi
Top floor : four cucumbers

Rest of cucumbers

Water kimchi~
 
I don't like fresh kimchi, so I will wait two to three more days or until my Kimchi are well fermented. Of course the taste of them won't be the same as my mom's, but I'm sure my mom will be very proud of me trying to make kimchi by scratch.

No comments: