2012/07/25

Ebi Chili (エビチリ) & Nimono (煮物)

What's for dinner?
Menu : Ebi Chili (エビチリ)
Take off skins and clean with salt and cornstarch

Dry Dry Dry~~

put some salt

Put some peppers

Add egg yolk

Add cornstarch

Prepare green onions, fresh chopped ginger, and grounded garlic

Heat shrimps lightly

Fry some ingredients

Add some stocks that I created..

Some mirin...?

little bit of salt

Added some brown sugar

Bring to a boil~~

Add my shrimps and chopped onions

Added some melted cornstarch

It was very spicy! EXTREMELY spicy!


Alright.. Let's make Nimono for tomorrow's lunch

Who.. are you?
"I'm gobo vegetable"

sock shiitaki mushrooms in warm water

Who... are you?
"I'm Satoimo Potatoes (Eddo), and I'm sticky"

Who are you..?
"I'm yautia. Treat me like Yam"

I sliced my Konnyaku and tied knot

cooked my gobo

I squeezed my shiitake mushrooms under those snap peas

Preboiled my Konnyaku



Heat all of them except age tofu and snap pees

add dashi stock until it covers

Add some brown sugar

Add some more soy sauce

Simmer until they get tender

I never had Nimono before, so I couldn't tell whether I made it right or wrong.
Taste was pretty good :)

No comments: