2013/10/18

Richmond, Virginia

During my 10 days of fall break, I met friends, ordered delivery food,
cooked more and went to Richmond, VA for a day.
 
It was a short trip, and I had very stressful thoughts.
Topics about family, friends, new friends, more connections, and memories since 2001 to now and more.
I've lost many friends but gained some.
I have been connected with strangers and made new friends, but they left me eventually.
We have our own lives and when the time or value doesn't meet, we lose interest very easily.
 
I'm only 26, as of 2013, and saw many friends come and go.
 
Unfortunately,
one of my friend, mentor and teacher, left me forever, and many of his friends and families miss him very much.
I knew he left us in 2010 but could not believe and tried to think positively.
I found out the truth yesterday and finalized my curiosities.
Before I leave Richmond, I visited him and left a flower and cried and cried.
I had to take a rest about 30 min, because my eyes were swollen and couldn't see the road.
I promised him that I will visit him again, but told him that I cannot tell him 'when'.
I'm sure he understands my situation and promised him that I will be back with a ring on my finger. haha :) I hope he smiled too. Rest In Peace papa..
 
These are the pictures where I took at papa's best friends, Mr&Mrs. O'Connor's house.
They always impress me with their knowledge whenever I talk with them.
I sincerely appreciate and want to thank them that when I visited them randomly, they welcomed me truly.
 
These cooking books are only small part of MR(?!) O'Connor's collection.
Mostly, I talk about recipes with female, but I realized that MAN CAN COOK and CAN GET INTEREST IN COOKING TOO!
 

House décor with beautiful antique displays.



Very formal house dinner setup!
I don't even prep my dining table like this...
SHAM ON YOU, SOPHIE!

Generation to generation antique china set!
They are very thin, and you can even see thru..



More cook old, local, family recipe cook book collection~
Of course they are also MR. O'Connor's..

COUNTRY STYLE~

The street cat have been part of Mr&Mrs. O'Connor family for a while, and she brought new lives to the family.
She has two playful boys and a dalmatian-like girl.

Chocolate cheep homemade cookies by Mr. O'Connor.

Semi + Semi homemade pizza slices.. :P
Pick up but reheated pizzas......?!?!?
 
 
I'll visit you later, and hope it won't this this long.
See you soon papa...

No comments: