2013/12/08

Mural Arts Tour

 
In Dec 7th at 10am, some of MPA students had a field trip(?) to tour the Mural Arts in downtown Philadelphia. It was a cold and windy day, but every body learned so much about how the artists and community try to give messages.
 
There are many messages based on each arts, and the community and artists must have 100% agreement with the theme. I'm glad that I brought some chocolates, because I really needed some sugar while I was walking :)
 
Before, I really didn't pay attention to those arts, but I learned about there are many messages in it.
especially, from the first picture that I posted shows the history of slaves.
There are most of black workers in the bottom floor, but as you move up, you can see the community brings workers based on their skills. Lastly, on the top floor, two people are opening the window to represent the equality of black and white.
 















No comments: