2011/10/19

Sahara Grill & Six piggies









What's your name? Sahara Grill in Philadelphia, PA
What is your location? 1334 Walnut St # A, Philadelphia, PA 19107-5314
Can I ask for your number? (215) 985-4155

     Six of us including myself went to Sahara, Middle East cuisine restaurant, in downtown Philadelphia. It was my first time trying Middle East food at a restaurant. I was very excited to try it, because last night, one of my friends, from U.A, told me that their country food is very delicious. (Well, let me rewrite this! He said, Middle East cuisine restaurants in America are pretty good but still hard to find the one, which can cook as close as back home.) I had to agree with him.

     Just for an example, Koreana, is a Korean cuisine restaurant near the campus. Many foreigners, who had eaten, gave 8-10 scores based on 1-10 scale. (Score 10 is very satisfying) Honestly, I think I can cook better than them. Wait, but their orders are pretty fast, so I guess I have to give them some room. But still! When I think about representing a country, this is not acceptable! You opened a restaurant especially in Korean cuisine, but how could you make Jaeyuk bogum, 제육볶음, with ddock bok gi, 떡볶이, sauce.?

     Anyways, back to Sahara! When we had arrived, they did not give us the menu right away: Yea yea, my major is Hospitality so I couldn't help it! We started with Hummus which had seasoned paprika, glazed olive oil, and cilantro as a garnish. I’ve been making hummus at home, but it was very different than what I had! Maybe because it was seasoned. Maybe because I was having a ‘real hummus’. My main dish was a Kebob, which I forgot the name. I ordered the same dish that A.K (my Arab friend - on the picture). (Tip: safest way to try new dishes: Just get what your friends get!) The dish had seasoned rice with grill tender chicken. It was pretty good! The only thing that I wanted to add was extra vegetables, because I had to eat some salads, without the dressing, when I got back.

     I had a great time with my friends and wished other classmates could join. We might have a dinner tomorrow again, Oct. 20th, and hope to see rest of the faces!

     I made a batch of brownie and oatmeal chocolate cookies. Hope they enjoy them tomorrow at our last class of this session.

Thank you guys ;)

No comments: